Monday, May 4, 2009

First Post!


So the first stop on my trip is Raleigh, where I live. Not much of a stop, or at least it's a very long stop. I'll be taking a train from Raleigh to Washington, DC on May 13th. On May 14th, I'll catch a flight from DC to Frankfurt, Germany. I'll arrive in Frankfurt on the morning of the 15th. Hopefully. It's a standby ticket, so I could get bumped.

There is so much shit to do between now and next Wednesday. Emily (Liz's sister) has a lay over in Raleigh today and is picking up the cat. So I have to meet her, hang out, pack up the cat's stuff. I have to administer an exam Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. I've got grading to do (lots) by Monday and I've got a freelance job that I need to finish by Friday. I have to move everything I own into my sister's garage (thanks Ginnie). I have to pay my car payment and my car insurance through the next half year. And that all just seems to be the tip of the iceberg.

Because of the mountain of things to do between now and when I leave, the trip still seems very distant and unreal despite the fact that it is only a week and a half away. I got an awesome ticket deal thanks to Eric and his friend Pete, for which I am enormously grateful.

So anyways, this blog is mainly going to be cataloging my bike trip through Europe this summer. I plan to be gone from May 13th to mid-August. I may throw up some odds and ends before I leave (like pictures of my garden) just so I can get used to using blogger before I head out on the road. No need to waste valuable internet cafe time learning the interface. Well that's it for now, I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment