Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I´m in Dusseldorf at the moment. It´s windy, cold, and sometimes rainy. Other than that it´s cool. My camera battery died, so I can´t upload pictures today. The next chance I´ll get to upload more will be from Amesterdam. We should arrive in Amesterdam in 2-3 days. We´re only about 120 miles away. We ran into some hassles after we left Köln. I got a flat and needed to replace the tube after slamming into a major pothole due to my being distracted by a fruit stand. After replacing the tube, I pumped the tire up as much as I could with the hand pump I have, which is supposed to pump to 120 psi. Assuming that the pressure was around 100 psi, we rode some more only to get a flat about an hour later. I didn´t have a patch kit so I just put in my last tube and pumped the shit out of the tire. That got us to Dusseldorf, where I was able to use the pump at a bike shop. Anyways, Liz and I are sharing the internet at the library so I´ve gotta cut this short.

No comments:

Post a Comment