Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm on a train!









I took the Amtrak train from Raleigh to DC today. I only got there an hour late, which is pretty good for Amtrak. Of course, if I had driven I probably would have been even later. It was very hectic before I left. I moved everything out of the apartment yesterday and finally realized that my wallet was gone for good (stolen or lost). As a result, I had to cancel all of my cards and figure out a way to get new ones sent to me in Europe without an address. I also get to fly tomorrow with only my passport as identification, so we'll see how that goes.














Here I am waiting for the train on the threshold of my journey.














This is me and my cousin Paul who I'm staying with in DC. My shirt is inside out because I recently discovered that a dirty shirt turned inside out becomes a clean shirt.










Here's Keith dropping me off at the train station. Keith is the most helpful person in the universe. He not only helped me move everything out of my apartment, but he also drove me all around after I dropped my car off at my sister's house, kept some of my stuff in his house, and used his credit card for the rental truck deposit. Thanks man!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on pulling everything off...safe travels my friend!

    ReplyDelete